A Message to our SENSE Family and Community
We recognize that there is an increasing concern among our families and the community regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We have been closely following and monitoring the information and guidance provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the Indiana State Department of Health, and the Marion County Public Health, with additional guidance and recommendations from the Indiana Department of Education.
Prevention to keep students and staff healthy and safe remains our priority. Our intention is to provide factual information about COVID-19 and tips on reducing the spread of disease, as well as prevent the spread of misinformation.
What you need to know:
In response to direction from Governor Holcomb and Mayor Hogsett, SENSE CHARTER SCHOOL WILL REMAIN CLOSED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR (Which is now Friday, May 8th). INSTRUCTION/LESSONS FOR STUDENTS WILL CONTINUE THROUGH E-LEARNING to ensure the safety of the students and staff of SENSE Charter School.
What SENSE is doing:
An e-learning program has begun utilizing our ParentSquare application. Parents should have been contacted through ParentSquare by their student’s teachers regarding lesson plans and assignments to prevent them from falling behind. If you have never signed up for ParentSquare it is imperative, you do so now. You can email Cfox@Senseindy.org or Ynavarro@Senseindy.org and provide your Name, Student Name, and your email address and cell number. We’ll make sure you receive an invite to the ParentSquare Application.
SENSE Charter School will be preparing meals for distribution on Monday, April 27th. Meals can be picked up between 10:30-12:00. We ask that parents stay in their cars to help with social distancing. If you are walking up- we ask that you line up behind the table and wait for your meals to be placed on the table to ensure social distancing. Please make sure to sign up using the POLL found on Parent Square.
On the same day, Monday, April 27th. same time (10:30-12:00), we will also be offering Pre-Bagged Pantry options THIS IS ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS!!
This is for SENSE Families only!
We will continue to keep you informed about these issues and our response to COVID-19. Should there be any cases of COVID-19 in our community or schools, we will communicate directly with families, students, staff, and the general public through all our communication platforms - website, Twitter, Facebook, Parent Square, and phone notifications.
Other things we can all do:
- Wash your hands, using soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a disposable tissue and place it immediately in the trash, or cough or sneeze into your elbow (not your hand).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home if you don't feel well. Don't go to school or work when you are sick and do not return to school until fever-free for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Get a flu shot if you haven't already had one this season.
More information on the coronavirus is available through:
- Marion County Public Health Department- marionhealth.org/homeslider/coronavirus-faqs/
- Indiana State Department of Health- www.in.gov/isdh/28470.htm
- Centers for Disease Control- www.cdc.gov/covid-19
- World Health Organization- www.Who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus...
- Talking to Kids about Coronavirus - https://www.pbs.org/parents/thrive/how-to-talk-to-...
SENSE is committed to the safety, health, and well-being of the students entrusted to our care. We pledge to continue working with health professionals and our families toward that shared goal.
Head of School